Presario CQ60 battery
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Presario CQ60 battery

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How to Reasonablely Charger your Camcorder Battery Packs.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

How to Reasonablely Charger your Camcorder Battery Packs. Empty
PostSubject: How to Reasonablely Charger your Camcorder Battery Packs.   How to Reasonablely Charger your Camcorder Battery Packs. I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 5:18 pm

Q: I wanted to find out, can Lithium Ion batterys these types of be overcharged?
A: Normally Lithium Ion batteries will not be overcharged if you operate the correct charger and adhere to the manufacturers recommendation.
Most systems have monitoring circuits to prevent overcharging and overheating. The Sony 'InfoLithium' batteries and most of the Canon batteries have the circuitry expected to monitor the battery as part of the battery.
It it not normally NOT a good idea to discharge Lithium Ion energy. Just charge them as the manufacturer recommends.
Q: I understand that I can leave it to the charger, but what pertaining to partially charging it? Like if i were to charge your battery that still has power there ex. 5 hour electric capacity, only 2 hours used, will the battery or camera know when to shut off charging to prevent *possible overcharging?
A: Yes, the battery/charger will know when to stop the charging. The Power/Charge lamp will blink when charging starts and when it has has executed the charge the Power/Charge lamp will go out. The charging time will depend on the current state regarding charge.
Q: How is certainly this harmfull? In the past it was always ideal to completely discharge a battery prior to when recharging, so I assumed by using Lithium Ion you have the option to charge without completely discharging but I din't think that was preferable.
A: It has never been ideal 'to thoroughly discharge a battery' in advance of recharging. If you are usually planning of Ni-Cads, that is not true. The discharged state of a Ni-Cad is normally pertaining to 1. 0 volts per cell. At that voltage level, most of the vigor is spent. Discharging the battery further could deterioration it through cell reversal. That is why Ni-Cad skin cells are always connect in series without in parallel (If constructed properly)
The same basically corresponds to Li-ion, Li-polymer, NiMH and Sealed Cause Acid batteries except that the minimum cell voltages may very well be different.
If your equipment accurately monitors cell voltage and maybe cell temperature and disconnects at the appropriate level like numerous Li-ion, Li-polymer do, then there is no problem. They may say the battery power is fully discharged, but it still contains energy and therefore energy can be simply measured.
Normally there is no benefit to discharge a Li-ion battery if you do not are testing it to view actually capacity, to predict death date when comparing to previous tests within the cell, or possibly discharging to approximately 50% convenience of long term storage. I don't think the average consumer wants to buy the appropriate test equipment and maintain battery performance logs on the batteries.
Thus my recommendation, buy one spare power, charge as outlined in your manual, and go have fun with your batteries.
www. camcorder-battery-shop. com/article/camcorder-battery-article/9. html
Back to top Go down
https://presario-cq60.forumotion.com

How to Reasonablely Charger your Camcorder Battery Packs.
Page 1 of 1