Presario CQ60 battery
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Presario CQ60 battery

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Bluetooth GPS Receiver Review.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Bluetooth GPS Receiver Review. Empty
PostSubject: Bluetooth GPS Receiver Review.   Bluetooth GPS Receiver Review. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 1:50 pm

It is a tiny bluetooth GPS receiver that i bought from Mobile Excitement Ltd, I bought this to get in touch to my O2 XDA 2i PDA but it cost around £ 45. I was intially shopping on google for cheap GPS receivers and also this came up as the most cost effective. I thought at that price they will be a catch, and a catch usually being bad performance, but I was amazed! This thing really does work, and works well!
After searching for initial reviews during this device I developed very little other versus reviews from Mobile Enjoyable Ltd, which I was shy to trust for concern with them being somewhat biased. My partner and i thought for £ 40 I'll require a chance and so bought, all credit to Mobile Fun the receiver arrived ab muscles next morning. Upon opening the box I was slightly disappointed, all the there was through instructions was a compact sheet of paper that had been loosely translated from Japanese to English by way of dyslexic toddler. You can download the person manual from here as well as Tomtom pairing manual coming from here. After following these instructions you should have it set up quickly. Another thing I noticed was that there's no manufaturer's name or marks anywhere to the device or the packing, which makes searching for support very difficult.
A nice touch on this little device is that it must be supplied with a solar battery that is common to numerous Nokia phones (3. 7V 850mAh Li-polymer battery power, BL-5C), a quick search on ebay means you could get replacement batteries for these receivers approximately £ 4 which is good to find out should you need a single.
What's In The Box?
Bluetooth GPS Receiver x1 12v With Car Adapter (USB) x1 Essential Instructions x1 Battery x1 UNIVERSAL SERIES BUS Charging Cable x1
Installment
Provided you follow the limited instructions for pairing along with your device, and the Tomtom build instructions, you should be working in less than 5 min's. I have only billed the receiver once since i bought it about couple of months ago, the battery just appears to last forever! The supplied in family car charger and USB cable suggests that the receiver can be charged on the road from a 12v source and can even be charged from any COMPUTER SYSTEM or laptop. From cold set up the receiver aquires some sort of usuable GPS signal exremely fast, quicker than most on the really expensive GPS receivers that I've come in contact with. The device is extremely small that will easily fit into any space in your car, or even your pocket should you be using it for running or cycling.
One small problem I did have is that if you use it with my XDA 2i typically the Tomtom software would frequently freeze and cause me to quit the car, reboot our phone, then carry with my journey. At first I thought this was the consequence of the XDA losing its connection with the bluetooth receiver so because of this confirming my fears about the cost of this product. It quickly became obvious that this was not the case and it was actually an issue with my PDA and then the Tomtom software.
I quickly discovered a workaround because of this issue between the Tomtom software program and my XDA that allows the whole system to work flawlessly. I shall write a 'how to' with this workaround shortly as I know many other XDA 2i users share identical problem.
I do know that there's a known issue whenever using any bluetooth GPS receivers using the O2 XDA 2 (note not XDA 2i) as a consequence of bluetooth stack settings that are shipped with the contact, please be aware of this before buying this device since you are sure to encounter difficulties.
Key Features
Compatible by using TomTom, Navicore, and all major GPS software programs. 12 parallel satellite-tracking programs for fast acquisition and reacquisition. Provides superior map-reading performance in city conditions. Built-in rechargeable Lithium-polymer battery provides greater than 10 hours of continuous use. Unit can be charged while using included car charger while still utilized. Mini-USB charger compatiblty, charge not merely the Bluetooth GPS Receiver and also compatible PDAs & Smart Phones with all the same charger. 3 colours Generated show the status of Bluetooth/GPS/Power activities on this device.
Specifications
GPS phone: L1, C/A code, 12 programs Tracking sensitivity: – 152dBm (average) or perhaps better Acquisition sensitivity: – 139dBm (average) or perhaps betterTTFF (Time to Initially Fix): Cold Start: 50s (average) / 60s (95% possibility) Heated Start: 35s (average) / 40s (95% possibility) Popular Start: 2s (minimum) / 6s (95% possibility) Setting accuracy: Standard Positioning Company (SPS), WAAS (optional) 2DRMS: approx. 5m Measurement data expenditure: Update time: 1 next NMEA output protocol: Sixth is v. 3. 01 Baud fee: 38400 bps (8-N-1) Datum: WGS-84 Sort: GGA, GSA, GSV, RMC Strength consumption: 75mA (average) Bluetooth: Bluetooth version 1. a couple of compliant Class 2 operations (up to 10 metre range) Serial Dock Profile (SPP) Output airport: Type B Mini-USB (TTL Level) Antenna Style: Built in Patch Antenna Battery: 3. 7V 850mAh Li-polymer battery power, built-in charger LED: Strength (red), GPS (green), Bluetooth (blue) Dimension: 64(L) by 39(W) x18. 5(H) mm Running temperature: -20° C ~ +60° Chemical Storage temperature: -20° Chemical ~ +60° C; Battery power: -20° C ~ +45° Chemical
Conclusion
A great little product that performs well beyond its budget. Check if there is any known issues with your device and wireless GPS receivers before purchase as this could save you a lot of head aches. The only thing that lets this supplement down is an absence of documentation and online program, other than this worthy of the buy!
<! --StartFragment -->&nbsp; johnsreviews ranking: 8/10
Back to top Go down
https://presario-cq60.forumotion.com

Bluetooth GPS Receiver Review.
Page 1 of 1